One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A powerful diuretic which inhibits resorption of water and sodium from the loop of Henle.
- ‘You may need to take a medication called a loop diuretic.’
- ‘Occasionally it may be necessary to use a continuous intravenous infusion of a loop diuretic.’
- ‘In symptomatic patients, a loop diuretic can be prescribed.’
- ‘This can be overcome with increased diuretic doses or combination regimens that include both a thiazide diuretic and a loop diuretic.’
- ‘Combining a loop diuretic with a thiazide diuretic increases diuretic potency by minimizing distal tubular compensation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.