One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Appear to be as old as one really is.‘she knew she didn't look her age’
- ‘In a film dealing with our obsession with youth and beauty, it's refreshing to see an actress who actually looks her age.’
- ‘He appeared drawn, his hair grayed, finally looking his age, she was delighted to see.’
- ‘She gained some weight, incidentally, and looks her age now.’
- ‘He admits that for the first time in his life he is looking his age, and that he finds this rather galling.’
- ‘Maybe older guys wouldn't be leering at the girls all the time if the girls actually looked their age.’
- ‘I am blessed with good genes, none of my family look their age.’
- ‘He said: ‘All of the teenagers used in the test looked their age.’’
- ‘He doesn't look his age and says that he feels and has the outlook of a younger man.’
- ‘For the first time in years she thought he looked his age.’
- ‘I'm coming to the conclusion I don't look my age, and I don't act my age.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.