One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make a short visit or call.‘I will look in on you tomorrow’
visit, call, call in, call round, pay a call, pay a visit, look in, stop by, drop by, drop in, drop over, drop round, come overView synonyms
- ‘I'm sure he looks in every once in a while to check up on what we've all been saying.’
- ‘I want to look in on my friend and see how she's doing.’
- ‘On the way back I looked in on Monreale cathedral.’
- ‘Would anyone think to look in on an old man who lived by himself?’
- ‘She would ask one of their retired neighbors on the street, a woman, to look in on him every hour or so, if he wanted.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.