One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lengthways.‘it has been sliced longways to show the internal structure’
- ‘Cut the potatoes in half longways, and score the flesh to a depth of about half an inch.’
- ‘She dragged herself into the lounge room and collapsed longways onto the sofa.’
- ‘He put her in the back seat, longways, and quickly ran around to the driver's seat.’
- ‘I always try to bite Goldfish so that they split in my mouth longways.’
- ‘Slice the aubergines longways about 2cm thick.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.