One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lengthways.‘it has been sliced longways to show the internal structure’
- ‘Cut the potatoes in half longways, and score the flesh to a depth of about half an inch.’
- ‘She dragged herself into the lounge room and collapsed longways onto the sofa.’
- ‘I always try to bite Goldfish so that they split in my mouth longways.’
- ‘Slice the aubergines longways about 2cm thick.’
- ‘He put her in the back seat, longways, and quickly ran around to the driver's seat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.