One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of or involving a single long face worked (usually mechanically) along its whole length.‘longwall mining’
- ‘In lucid terms, Booth first elaborates the mechanisms and impacts of the hydrogeological response to longwall mining.’
- ‘In 1976, Old Ben Coal Co., with Federal assistance, began a trial of modern mechanized longwall mining in a new area of their No.24 mine in the Herrin Coal seam.’
- ‘A single longwall path can stretch for two miles, causing everything on the surface directly above it to collapse.’
- ‘The three main underground mining methods are stoping, room-and-pillar mining, and longwall mining.’
- ‘Between 1983 and 1998, as Pennsylvania replaced most traditional underground mining with longwall mining, the state's coal production increased by 64% while the number of coal miners fell by 81%.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.