The inability to see things clearly, especially if they are relatively close to the eyes, owing to the focusing of rays of light by the eye at a point behind the retina.Also called hypermetropia
- ‘I was diagnosed with long sight in my right eye when I was about six years old, and wore glasses until I was about seventeen when I gave them up in a fit of vanity.’
- ‘However, clinical trials have shown that 92% of patients with low to moderate levels of long sight achieve near-normal vision after one procedure.’
- ‘A significant proportion of the EMI students chose Options C and D, indicating that many of them could not distinguish between the effects of short sight and long sight.’
- ‘Some conditions such as short or long sight, eye muscle co-ordination problems and most lazy eyes can be corrected, and glasses are not always necessary.’
- ‘Defective vision due to short sight or long sight can be corrected by wearing spectacles, contact lenses or by LASIK.’
- ‘You can be old and have your short or long sight surgically corrected.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.