One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See long jump
- ‘One of the most popular heroes of the Games was African-American sprinter and long jumper Jesse Owens, who won four gold medals.’
- ‘Almost without exception, Carl Lewis, the US sprinter and long jumper, and Emil Zatopek, the Czech, have been suggested.’
- ‘US long jumper Dawn Burrell won the world indoor title on her last attempt, sweeping past defending champion Tatyana Kotova at the World Indoor Championships in Lisbon on Saturday.’
- ‘Most long jumpers would say that Carl Lewis was their sporting hero.’
- ‘The Suns did select Olympic long jumper Bob Beamon in the 15th round, however.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.