One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A short-pitched, easily hit ball.‘he fascinated spectators by bowling slow full tosses and deliberate long-hops’
- ‘Yardy finally attempted one big hit too far and slapped a long hop to Ashraful at midwicket.’
- ‘During the first innings, suffering from dizziness, he bowled surely his worst-ever spell, sending down a trail of long hops before admitting defeat and returning to his bed.’
- ‘While many of the spectators were still finishing their teas, Spen got off to a disastrous start when overseas player Dhruv Mohan pulled a first-ball Siddiq long hop straight to square leg.’
- ‘Owens followed shortly after for 39, pulling a rank long hop into the hands of square leg, and Rob Walker also fell before the total was reached.’
- ‘The bowlers were instructed to bowl a series of slow long hops and full tosses, these aided by the fielders' feet across the boundary line.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.