Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A type of coffee made by adding a shot of espresso to hot water.‘coffee drinkers relax with their lattes, cappuccinos, long blacks, and flat whites’
- ‘I noticed a pattern as I was gazing over the pages at with my long black at Midnight Espresso the other day.’
- ‘She thinks she wants milk, but really she wants a long black?’
- ‘She walks past, takeaway long black in hand, and overhears the end of Gene's statement.’
- ‘I'd like a long black, if I could.’
- ‘In his nervous state, Rove forgot the order and asked for a long black with one.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.