One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Then the long-windedness gets boring without vocals to guide it.’
- ‘I hasten to add, however, that this approach is preferable to the long-windedness exhibited by too many big budget productions.’
- ‘There are short, clean-cut, crisp sentences with none of the wordy, long-windedness of one who has spent long years on the Bench.’
- ‘The sergeant's mouth twitched and I knew he was trying not to laugh at my long-windedness.’
- ‘Election Night coverage on TV tends to become a marathon of long-windedness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.