One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of making decisions with a view to long-term objectives or consequences.
- ‘Well that extreme long-termism is I think what has come to an end.’
- ‘The trouble with long-termism, a strategy that demands unshakeable faith in its proponent, is the price of loyalty.’
- ‘About time, say those few transport commentators who aren't simply cynical about such ambitious long-termism.’
- ‘Clarity of objectives, long-termism, and consistency are some of the characteristics of a development strategy capable of achieving economic progress.’
- ‘It is this long-termism and the necessary pain that Labor must conquer before it will win office federally again.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.