One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of making decisions with a view to long-term objectives or consequences.
- ‘Clarity of objectives, long-termism, and consistency are some of the characteristics of a development strategy capable of achieving economic progress.’
- ‘It is this long-termism and the necessary pain that Labor must conquer before it will win office federally again.’
- ‘About time, say those few transport commentators who aren't simply cynical about such ambitious long-termism.’
- ‘The trouble with long-termism, a strategy that demands unshakeable faith in its proponent, is the price of loyalty.’
- ‘Well that extreme long-termism is I think what has come to an end.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.