One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The phase or type of memory responsible for the storage of information for an extended period of time.‘while her short-term memory was fading, her long-term memory remained in full operation’mass noun ‘the more something is rehearsed, the stronger the memory trace in long-term memory’
- ‘Now, although his long-term memory is fine, he can't remember any recent events.’
- ‘He says he still has no problem reading novels, and thinks his long-term memory is in as good shape as ever.’
- ‘I lost my long-term memory, and have been a brain injury patient within Harvard Medical School's teaching hospitals ever since.’
- ‘Scientists agree that a long-term memory is formed when individuals learn new information through the process of consolidation.’
- ‘Exercisers outperform couch potatoes in tests that measure long-term memory, reasoning, attention, problem-solving, even so-called fluid-intelligence tasks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.