One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having been postponed or deferred for a long time.‘a long-delayed project to modernize the building’
behind time, behind schedule, behind, behindhandView synonyms
- ‘She gave her long-delayed acceptance speech to the Norwegian Nobel Committee in front of Norway's King Harald, Queen Sonja, and 600 dignitaries.’
- ‘A state appeals court dismissed a major challenge to his long-delayed development project.’
- ‘It's time for Sarah to fire off some more good news about that long-delayed book.’
- ‘Agribusinesses recently celebrated the arrival of long-delayed rainwater for their vast rice and cotton floodplains.’
- ‘The band is prepping for the release of their long-delayed debut this summer.’
- ‘They are scrambling to resurrect the long-delayed energy bill.’
- ‘The reports are long-delayed and fail to properly reflect what observers have seen.’
- ‘The news organization finally released its long-delayed analysis of Florida votes cast in last year's presidential election.’
- ‘He made his long-delayed debut as a substitute after finally recovering from surgery.’
- ‘I've persuaded my hubby to take me to Disney World for our long-delayed honeymoon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.