One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having been hoped for or expected for a long time.‘their long-awaited debut album’
- ‘Their spokesman Graeme Frall said he hoped the long-awaited development would go ahead in 2004.’
- ‘He hopes that the long-awaited transatlantic challenge again will bring out the best in him.’
- ‘The Council hope to open the long-awaited motor taxation office there in mid-April.’
- ‘The couple plan to take a long-awaited honeymoon to Cuba in April.’
- ‘Last week's long-awaited victory also served to boost the hope that the Wasps might be able to compete in this game.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.