One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having been hoped for or expected for a long time.‘their long-awaited debut album’
- ‘The Council hope to open the long-awaited motor taxation office there in mid-April.’
- ‘The couple plan to take a long-awaited honeymoon to Cuba in April.’
- ‘He hopes that the long-awaited transatlantic challenge again will bring out the best in him.’
- ‘Last week's long-awaited victory also served to boost the hope that the Wasps might be able to compete in this game.’
- ‘Their spokesman Graeme Frall said he hoped the long-awaited development would go ahead in 2004.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.