One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sigmoid curve used in population studies which increases exponentially for small values of the variable, and approaches a constant value asymptotically for large values.
- ‘However, the response of five species was better explained by logistic curves.’
- ‘A least-squares approach was used to fit diameter growth with the logistic curve for each genotype.’
- ‘He studied the Verhulst equation and the logistic curve.’
- ‘In evolutionary biology, a question of how a population evolves on a logistic curve is determined by how selection acts on the growth and by the local geometry of the curve itself.’
- ‘If a population grows according to the logistic curve with an intrinsic growth rate greater than 1 and assuming a carrying capacity of 450,000, an average number of 7 descendants per individual is obtained.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.