Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to logistics.‘logistic problems’
- ‘All armed forces like to know their logistic base is secure.’
- ‘The Bulgarian unit will provide mainly logistic, communication and administrative help.’
- ‘It also required a great deal of logistic support and a willing ally who was prepared to render assistance.’
- ‘The main focus is on reducing logistic support costs while improving operational output.’
- ‘Australia would of necessity be less dependent on the American logistic system.’
- ‘This effect was significant after adjusting for age in the logistic regression analyses.’
- ‘To examine this possibility, we conducted a series of logistic regression analyses.’
- ‘The global outcome was analysed with logistic regression, with and without adjustment for the two stratifying factors.’
- ‘We are able to support any such partnership with training, franchise documentation, and full logistic support.’
- ‘It's not enough that they have to overcome massive logistic and financial woes.’
- ‘This campaign demonstrates the efficiency of the Hittite war machine and the degree of logistic support it must have enjoyed.’
- ‘He said more assistance, including tents and other logistic supplies, would be sent soon to the refugees.’
- ‘This unit provides the military logistic and engineer support to the UN mission.’
- ‘The education of both officials and electorate has been another logistic hurdle.’
- ‘The aircraft and crews also provided logistic and aero medical evacuation support to forces from six nations.’
- ‘These factors were considered jointly in a multivariate logistic regression model.’
- ‘We used logistic regression to examine associations in terms of odds ratios between independent and dependent variables.’
- ‘Binary logistic regression models were performed separately for males and females.’
- ‘We have said that we will cooperate in these three areas of logistic support and use of airspace.’
- ‘According to him, Bulgaria should not only provide logistic support but also troops.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.