Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A circuit for performing logical operations on input signals.
- ‘The buffer circuit further includes a write logic circuit that is coupled between the first buffer and the second buffer.’
- ‘The CMOS gate arrays with vertical transistors comprise a logic circuit.’
- ‘The instruction logic circuit substitutes the selected status bit for a least significant bit of the register number.’
- ‘The apparatus includes two visual indicators, two amplifiers, and a logic circuit.’
- ‘The entangled photons allow the system to encode information before computations begin and imprint a quantum logic circuit on the state, destroying its entanglement and making the process irreversible.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.