One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A domestic fire in which logs are used as fuel.‘he sits in front of a roaring log fire’
- ‘The central bar is dominated by a cheerful log fire.’
- ‘When they left, the large log fire was still going strong.’
- ‘There was a log fire blazing in the hearth.’
- ‘There are self-contained cabins, chalets and a lodge with a log fire.’
- ‘In winter, log fires roar in the lounge and the place gets packed with a rugby-loving crowd here for the big games.’
- ‘A crackling log fire filled my lounge with flickering orange warmth.’
- ‘The log fire burning in the background really makes people at home.’
- ‘A former farmhouse, this inn has a roaring log fire and serves simple food made from local and home-grown ingredients.’
- ‘A roaring log fire is hard to leave on a midwinter's night.’
- ‘The vision of a glass of warm red flickering in the amber light of a log fire is hard to beat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.