One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A wood-chopping competition.‘see the axemen flex their muscles in the log chop’as modifier ‘a log chop champion from Tasmania’
- ‘The log chop was a lot of fun!’
- ‘There are prizes for the best cows, the largest bulls, or the sheep with the best fleece and often, there is a log chop.’
- ‘Some of these events related directly to work skills; for instance, woodline workers usually competed in the log chop.’
- ‘Next challenge was the log chop, and to make it more interesting, they lit them on fire!’
- ‘Syd was an interesting character who had cut half his foot off at a log chop competition.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.