One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The south-eastern slope bears heavy loessic soil, mixed with superficial pebbles and compact loam soil.’
- ‘It has a relatively large component of loess and contains ovoid inclusions of loessic silt which were deposited by solifluction.’
- ‘Selecting soils from stable upland positions that developed in loessic parent material allowed us to isolate modern climate as the main influence on soil properties.’
- ‘We have sampled loessic soils with a truck-mounted soil probe from more than 70 stable undisturbed upland positions from Nebraska to Illinois.’
- ‘If climate is the primary consideration the shingle soils, the loessic down-soils, the limestone upland-soils, and the alluvial flats in the neighbourhood of Timaru would all fall into the same group.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.