Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for loculus
- ‘E. globulus flowers have either four or five locules, and the number of ovules per locule varies.’
- ‘Other morphological characters, such as the low number of stamens or ovary locules, and the sometimes rather unspecialized nectarial bracts, could also point towards a close relationship between these two genera.’
- ‘The number of orbicules present on the locule surface is well in excess of the number of pollen grains within the locule.’
- ‘Parenchyma cells of the pith were packed more closely, especially near to structures such as the locules and vascular bundles.’
- ‘Percentage fertility was negatively correlated with the number of cell layers that separated the anther locule from the lacuna that formed between the septum and the stomium.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.