One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A plant of the pea family which can cause a brain disorder if eaten by livestock, found in the western and south-western US.
- ‘Rocky summit species include the rather rare Huddleson's locoweed, a three-to-four-inch-tall, hairy white plant that produces pink-to-purple flowers and oversize seed pods.’
- ‘Ralphs et al. suggested no difference in locoweed consumption between native cattle and cattle introduced to locoweed under natural grazing conditions.’
- ‘Bite count data were analyzed by totaling the number of bites of cool season grasses, warm season grasses, forbs, and locoweed per day and calculating a percentage of each.’
- ‘For instance, cattle could be averted to locoweed or known eaters could be removed and placed in locoweed-free areas to prevent social facilitation.’
- ‘The locoweed site was selected based on dense and uniform concentration of white locoweed.’
2US informal Cannabis.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.