One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or having the power of locomotion.‘locomotory cilia’
- ‘Several recent studies have examined the interrelationships of tetrapods in global analyses and are crucial to considerations of the origins of locomotory features in amniotes.’
- ‘If so, the oldest traces of locomotory activities of the metazoans should be connected with their infaunal life.’
- ‘The epidermis is cellular and does not possess any locomotory cilia.’
- ‘The Ecdysozoa, all of which molt and lack motile locomotory cilia, include priapulids, kinorhynchs, nematodes, nematomorphs, tardigrades, onychophorans, and arthropods.’
- ‘The ‘quilt’ itself was probably the collagenous basement membrane of a dorsal unit acting both as a hydraulic skeleton and muscular locomotory organ perhaps analogous to the set of myomeres in chordates.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.