One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She was lock-jawed from laughing too much during the show.’
- ‘He glared into the crowd with a lockjawed expression.’
- ‘Hanks says that his lockjawed accent as a super-rich yuppie in "Bonfire" caused him 'a lot of grief'.’
- ‘Language was beyond me ... I was lockjawed.’
- ‘Gloria Upson is Patrick's snobbish fiancee with a lockjawed seaboard accent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.