One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There was Tamil music playing, and of course the sweet localness of the Tamil language that made me feel at home instantly.’
- ‘Our research supports the thesis in the draft Communications Bill that localness is one of the most important factors driving local commercial radio.’
- ‘Elsewhere they play up his localness (regrettably they avoid using the phrase ‘for local people’), and his forty-something youth.’
- ‘‘I'm afraid we're going to lose this localness,’ he said.’
- ‘Part of the fascination of holidaying in Spain is its fervent localness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.