One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Elsewhere they play up his localness (regrettably they avoid using the phrase ‘for local people’), and his forty-something youth.’
- ‘‘I'm afraid we're going to lose this localness,’ he said.’
- ‘Part of the fascination of holidaying in Spain is its fervent localness.’
- ‘Our research supports the thesis in the draft Communications Bill that localness is one of the most important factors driving local commercial radio.’
- ‘There was Tamil music playing, and of course the sweet localness of the Tamil language that made me feel at home instantly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.