One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The lobopodium of an onychophoran.
- ‘For example, they have between 14-43 pairs of ‘legs’ known as lobopods, much like the false legs of a caterpillar.’
- ‘For an initial evaluation of the genetic diversity of this species, DNA samples from the lobopods of four individuals, collected at random, were analyzed using RAPD.’
- 1.1 An onychophoran.as modifier ‘a lobopod animal’
- ‘Cambropodus gracilis is tentatively included between lobopods and higher Uniramia.’
- ‘By the same reasoning, putative lobopods in the Sirius Passet biota and putative deuterostomes in the Chengiang biota are better interpreted as arthropods.’
- ‘There were several different lineages of lobopods and proto-arthropods, including large carnivorous swimming forms like Anomalocaris and Kerygmachela, as well as smaller crawling types.’
- ‘Onychophora, also known as velvet worms or lobopods, are considered segmented and close relatives of the Arthropoda.’
- ‘The living lobopods include the land-dwelling Peripatus, which has legs and a number of characteristics reminiscent of arthropods.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.