One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As the cross-section at right shows, the stem has a central core of vascular tissue which is usually lobed.’
- ‘If the pinnae or segments are lobed, the embayments are known as sinuses.’
- ‘The nervous system consists of a lobed dorsal brain and ventral nerve cord with fused paired ganglia.’
- ‘The artist's repertoire of imagery has remained consistent: arabesques, medallions, garlands, lobed rosettes, various tropical flowers and fruit are assembled in trophylike configurations.’
- ‘Real leaf outlines may also be, for example, lobed or extended at the lamina base.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.