One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As the cross-section at right shows, the stem has a central core of vascular tissue which is usually lobed.’
- ‘The nervous system consists of a lobed dorsal brain and ventral nerve cord with fused paired ganglia.’
- ‘Real leaf outlines may also be, for example, lobed or extended at the lamina base.’
- ‘If the pinnae or segments are lobed, the embayments are known as sinuses.’
- ‘The artist's repertoire of imagery has remained consistent: arabesques, medallions, garlands, lobed rosettes, various tropical flowers and fruit are assembled in trophylike configurations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.