Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having a lobe or lobes.‘lobate oak leaves’
- ‘The dynamic and unstable nature of this regulatory loop best explains the lobate and asymmetric colony margin of the SA type.’
- ‘The median lobate structure, formed by fusion of the two median muscle boundaries of the true lobes, may be extended away from the two lateral lobate structures (which are the lateral muscle boundaries of the true lobes).’
- ‘Among armadillos, some groups reduced their dentition in response to myrmecophagy and some acquired lobate teeth and accentuated differences in hardness of dentine types.’
- ‘The structure is radial and lobate with a series of narrow and wide lobes.’
- ‘At the distal end, the axis is turned upward and lobate and is divided into five lobes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.