One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or affecting a lobe, especially a whole lobe of a lung.
- ‘It may be extensive and cover a whole lobe or whole lung and obliterate lobar fissures.’
- ‘After close inspection, it was seen that the bronchus to the left lower lobe was totally transected and the lobe hung on the lobar vessels.’
- ‘If the infection spreads to one or more compartments in the lung it is called lobar pneumonia.’
- ‘The chest radiograph among persons with advanced HIV infection and pulmonary TB, for example, might have lower lobe and lobar infiltrates, hilar adenopathy, or interstitial infiltrates.’
- ‘Dysanaptic growth could potentially impose a functional limit after therapeutic intervention such as pediatric lobar lung transplant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.