Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or affecting a lobe, especially a whole lobe of a lung.
- ‘After close inspection, it was seen that the bronchus to the left lower lobe was totally transected and the lobe hung on the lobar vessels.’
- ‘It may be extensive and cover a whole lobe or whole lung and obliterate lobar fissures.’
- ‘The chest radiograph among persons with advanced HIV infection and pulmonary TB, for example, might have lower lobe and lobar infiltrates, hilar adenopathy, or interstitial infiltrates.’
- ‘If the infection spreads to one or more compartments in the lung it is called lobar pneumonia.’
- ‘Dysanaptic growth could potentially impose a functional limit after therapeutic intervention such as pediatric lobar lung transplant.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.