One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But there is an admirable lack of the loathsomeness of punning headlines; everywhere, the book plays it straight, and plays it true.’
- ‘Never mind, rather like buses, if you miss one chance to comment on the tabloids insensitivity, self-aggrandisement, condescension and general loathsomeness there bound to be another chance coming along shortly.’
- ‘This reviewer can best be compared to that kind of marketplace loafer; they have not only loathsomeness in common but also their aim: to earn a little drink money - by carrying home and by reviewing.’
- ‘And now that the spiritual loathsomeness of our venture has been indicated, let us proceed.’
- ‘Loathsome as it is to try to beg for your life when you were willing to kill others, it is at least a very human form of loathsomeness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.