One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Right away we're tipped off to some of the film's more loathsomely precious qualities when we see that Evie works at a Kiddie Acres theme park, serving hot dogs while dressed in a giant bunny suit.’
- ‘Without bothering to listen to whatever pathetic excuse he had conjured up, I marched right up to Emily, who was simpering and smirking as if she had somehow managed to win whatever war that was between us, and glared at her loathsomely.’
- ‘It was draped loathsomely in ragged finery, now soiled with blood and gore that blackened slowly in the heat that enfolded it.’
- ‘He gave her a look that was mostly apologetic, despite his continuing awareness that she was loathsomely evil and contaminating him with every moment they remained in the room together.’
- ‘Why do most of Haggis's characters act as loathsomely as they do?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.