One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A contract between a borrower and a lender detailing the conditions for a loan.‘they made a loan agreement for 20 per cent interest’
- ‘The new loan agreement was reached last month and the debt restructuring was completed last week.’
- ‘The company's five directors are in court defending allegations the half-year accounts did not disclose it was in breach of its loan agreement.’
- ‘Failing to file accounts would normally result in the default of a loan agreement, according to bank sources.’
- ‘The auditors demanded a formal loan agreement.’
- ‘A loan agreement was signed for the amount of 41.5 million euros for the construction of the new runway system.’
- ‘She was subsequently instructed to draft the second loan agreement.’
- ‘The two largest parties signed off on a loan agreement that makes the country a ward of its creditors.’
- ‘He had entered into a loan agreement with Mr Watson's company.’
- ‘Consumers are effectively trapped in loan agreements, because even if they find a better deal they cannot afford to change finance companies.’
- ‘The danger of the domino effect leading to default under all the borrower's loan agreements is obvious.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.