One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A long, deep dish for baking bread, cake, etc.‘spoon the batter into two greased and floured loaf pans’
- ‘I baked the batter in a loaf pan with the crumb topping to take with us on a recent beach trip.’
- ‘I had been accustomed to using a loaf pan.’
- ‘In a loaf pan I think the meat just sits in the fat while cooking.’
- ‘Divide evenly into the two loaf pans and bake for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.’
- ‘I also made the cakes pretty small because I don't own regular-sized loaf pans.’
- ‘Many gluten-free bread recipes call for the bread to be baked in a loaf pan because of that batter-like consistency, she adds.’
- ‘Any extra dough can be baked in a loaf pan or muffin pans.’
- ‘I made this as the recipe suggests, but a smaller version, using mini ice cream sandwiches, layered in a loaf pan.’
- ‘I don't recall where we got our loaf pan, but it's pretty old.’
- ‘I use a gas oven and loaf pans made of black steel, as these take and retain the heat much better than tins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.