Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The space in a motor vehicle for carrying a load.‘the seats lowered to create a flat loadspace’[mass noun] ‘the wheel arches take up loadspace’
- ‘Each gives you a choice of cabs, loadspace, and payloads so whatever your needs, there's a model to suit.’
- ‘The X3 is noticeably more compact externally than the X5, but offers almost as much room inside and, paradoxically, has a larger loadspace.’
- ‘Boasting outstanding performance, chassis dynamics, loadspace and packaging ideas, Subaru's Forester will be present for offroad adventures.’
- ‘Is the only way to do this using each of these with separate loadspaces?’
- ‘Meriva can be transformed in a matter of seconds (ten seconds per seat) from a five-seater to a single seater with acres of loadspace.’
- ‘Whichever Relay body operators choose, they'll be getting one of the most practical and thoughtfully designed loadspaces in the class.’
- ‘Even with the rear seats raised, the loadspace is capable of taking the bulkiest of items.’
- ‘Some manufacturers increase the flexibility of their closed loadspaces by adding folding rear seats to allow the occasional transport of luggage that would have otherwise required a much larger vehicle.’
- ‘Behind the cab, the loadspace comes with the same dimensions as before.’
- ‘More importantly, I can carry all my tools in the car, and be less worried about walking away from it because - and this is a biggie for me in the utilitarian department - the loadspaces are lockable.’
- ‘A rubber mat and four tie-downs make the loadspace adaptable for many uses.’
- ‘At the rear, a full height, top hinged tailgate, flanked by high visibility rear lamp clusters, is designed to offer full width access to the loadspace throughout the low-silled aperture.’
- ‘Even with the rear seats raised, the loadspace is capable of swallowing the bulkiest of items.’
- ‘The front passenger seat also folds flat to maximise loadspace.’
- ‘Protect the interior fabric of your loadspace up to window height with this flexible, heavy-duty, waterproof Liner.’
- ‘There is plenty of space inside the car, a whopping amount of loadspace in the boot and a seriously large fuel tank to give the car a superb long-distance touring ability.’
- ‘The Hyundai does not have a boot - it's more like a hatchback with split-folding rear seats and not a lot of loadspace.’
- ‘We can supply the trailers in standard form or we can build a kit to transform the loadspace into whatever you wish.’
- ‘Lashing points are handily placed in each corner of the loadspace to secure any awkward-shaped packages.’
- ‘The LWB can handle weights up to 809 kg with 3.07m³ of loadspace with the 2nd row seat folded.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.