One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Have base runners on all three bases.
- ‘On June 11, he retired two batters to end the seventh, then loaded the bases (walk, single, hit batsman) against two lefty hitters and a switch hitter in the eighth.’
- ‘Wisely selling the play, he hustled to first base and was safe, loading the bases.’
- ‘They closed the gap to 7-5 by the eighth inning, then loaded the bases in both the eighth and ninth, before finally losing 7-6.’
- ‘The Red Sox loaded the bases in the ninth inning with nobody out, but they didn't score.’
- ‘In another game during my miserable start, I worked into a jam by loading the bases.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.