One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The ratio of the average or actual amount of some quantity and the maximum possible or permissible.
- ‘This represents an average load factor of 70 per cent.’
- ‘Of course the average train over that particular journey probably has a higher load factor than the average car travelling between that same pair of cities.’
- 1.1 The ratio between the lift and the weight of an aircraft.
- ‘First, since vehicle loss does not pose an inherent risk to human life, design margins can be reduced below the traditional 150 percent design load factor traditionally used for manned aircraft.’
- ‘Using a side-stick controller, the pilot will fly a longitudinal load factor and a lateral roll rate.’
- ‘Your aircraft's wing interprets vertical gusts as a change in the angle of attack, thus significantly increasing the load factor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.