One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fish with a broad bony head, pointed snout, and heavy, shiny scales. It lives in warm shallow seas, where it often rests on the bottom propped up on its pelvic fins.
- ‘I particularly enjoy seeing how close I can get to the almost invisible lizardfish before they take off!’
- ‘This consists of killifishes, herrings, sardines, gobies, silversides, anchovies small mullets, and lizardfishes to name a few.’
- ‘The hull was covered in green algae in which pairs of brown lizardfish lurked.’
- ‘This went much the same producing loads of yellowfin croaker, grunts, sea breams and weird looking lizardfish that were well named.’
- ‘Fishy attractions include huge scorpionfish, lionfish, lots of lizardfish, triggerfish and surgeons and many different wrasse varieties.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.