One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fish with a broad bony head, pointed snout, and heavy, shiny scales. It lives in warm shallow seas, where it often rests on the bottom propped up on its pelvic fins.
Family Synodontidae: several genera and species, including the widespread Trachinocephalus myops (also called snakefish)
- ‘The hull was covered in green algae in which pairs of brown lizardfish lurked.’
- ‘This consists of killifishes, herrings, sardines, gobies, silversides, anchovies small mullets, and lizardfishes to name a few.’
- ‘I particularly enjoy seeing how close I can get to the almost invisible lizardfish before they take off!’
- ‘Fishy attractions include huge scorpionfish, lionfish, lots of lizardfish, triggerfish and surgeons and many different wrasse varieties.’
- ‘This went much the same producing loads of yellowfin croaker, grunts, sea breams and weird looking lizardfish that were well named.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.