One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A written statement detailing a person's desires regarding future medical treatment in circumstances in which they are no longer able to express informed consent, especially an advance directive.
- ‘Although written living wills were helpful, they were insufficient.’
- ‘Documents relating to a living will and advanced directives should be reviewed.’
- ‘It is imperative to discuss a living will and advance directives with patients who have terminal cirrhosis.’
- ‘Your loved one may have left a clear guide to end-of-life choices, such as a living will or an advance directive.’
- ‘It turns out that the crash team, on arrival at the ward, had been told that I had written a living will and apparently did not want to be resuscitated.’
- ‘Assuming responsibility for care coordination is especially important at the end of life with the increased emphasis on advance directives and living wills.’
- ‘Generally, absent a living will or other advance directive, a spouse assumes decision making power if someone becomes incapacitated.’
- ‘The audit focuses on preventive services, including cancer screening, immunizations, and living wills.’
- ‘Opponents of such living wills could condemn these documents as suicidally motivated refusals of medical treatment.’
- ‘The moral of the story is that living wills and powers of attorney for healthcare are important to have even if you're young.’
- ‘After this event the patient had written a living will to ensure that no such confusion would occur in her case.’
- ‘Do you have a living will or a durable power of attorney for health care, sometimes called an advanced directive?’
- ‘As nurses, we need to be knowledgeable about the legal implications of advance directives, living wills, health care agent, and conservator of person.’
- ‘This study aimed to determine the knowledge of elderly inpatients in the United Kingdom on living wills and their healthcare choices should they write such a will.’
- ‘This has led critics to regard advance directives as living wills.’
- ‘They extended this concern to issues of malpractice in regards to living wills and organ donations.’
- ‘The case highlights the agonizing medical decisions that living wills were meant to avoid.’
- ‘Other issues that need to be addressed with patients and caregivers include advance directives, the living will and the durable power of attorney.’
- ‘You have to write a living will while you are healthy and able to make your own decisions.’
- ‘Medical experts say a living will is important because it erases guesswork for families if a loved one becomes seriously ill.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.