One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Follow one's own plans and principles independently of others.‘it's time you stood up to her and lived your own life’
- ‘She is a widely travelled, disciplined woman, a formidable figure in public life committed to living her own life, listening to her own heart and not to anyone else's.’
- ‘On the whole, people are happy to let you get on with living your own life.’
- ‘Frances, naturally, wants to live her own life, not her mom's.’
- ‘I enjoy living my own life, going where I want to go and doing what I want to do.’
- ‘If readers get one thought from this book, it is that you have to live your own life and make the choices that are right for you.’
- ‘Just because you've hooked up with someone else doesn't mean you can't continue living your own life!’
- ‘So for the last decade or more, I've lived my own life, never wanted any of the things that the people around me rated as important, and just got on with my own thing.’
- ‘A good rule to follow is to live your own life and let others do likewise.’
- ‘You have to walk your own path, or you can't live your own life.’
- ‘Since I have done this course, however, I have got my confidence back and want to live my own life again.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.