One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large, spreading, evergreen North American oak, which typically supports a large quantity of Spanish moss and other epiphytes.
"Quercus virginiana", family "Fagaceae"
- ‘The white oak group, which includes the live oak and post oak, produces acorns annually.’
- ‘In the northeastern part of the area is a sand ridge supporting turkey oak, sand live oak, wax myrtle, Chapman oak, and longleaf pine.’
- ‘The cemetery, with its sculptures, Spanish moss, live oaks and dahlias, has an other worldly atmosphere.’
- ‘Winding roads are bordered by palmettos, crape myrtle and live oaks draped with Spanish moss.’
- ‘And the soil, I'm afraid, wasn't perfect since I had to dig among the roots of a live oak.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.