One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Devote a great deal of one's time to a particular subject or activity.‘they live and breathe Italy and all things Italian’
- ‘When you're in this business you live and breathe it.’
- ‘I lived and breathed gymnastics throughout my childhood and only stopped training in my twenties.’
- ‘He lived and breathed mathematics and philosophy.’
- ‘This is a woman who has lived and breathed politics since her teens.’
- ‘He admits to being a man who lives and breathes his job.’
- ‘You can see he lives and breathes the sport.’
- ‘If you want to work in the music industry, you have to live and breathe music.’
- ‘When you live and breathe your product, it's hard to realize that customers aren't as passionate about it as you are.’
- ‘He lives and breathes pantomime and every year puts heart and soul into his productions.’
- ‘He lives and breathes wine, tasting the products of his competitors and those from other countries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.