One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Born alive, not stillborn.
- ‘But Mr Blackford may be right when he tells us not to worry about the production of live-born humans by cloning procedures.’
- ‘The study team says such live-born offspring are armed with teeth similar to those of the egg hatchlings.’
- ‘A total of 856 CGH analyses were performed on various placental and fetal tissues derived from 368 specimens of spontaneous abortions and on placentas from 219 pregnancies with live-born infants.’
- ‘This population-based, case-control study was nested in cohorts defined by all live-born girls in Sweden from 1973 to 1984.’
- ‘Backus et al. reported no differences in number of live-born piglets among sows housed in stalls, free-access stalls, ESF group systems, or trickle-feeding group systems.’
- ‘During the study period 1,283 of 181,974 live-born infants were diagnosed, for a prevalence rate of CHD of 7/1000.’
- ‘And the text of the United States Constitution makes it perfectly clear that the American republic does not regard intrauterine life as the equivalent of live-born persons.’
- ‘The CGH screening of 219 placental tissues from a population of live-born infants yielded 25 specimens that were suspected of having mosaic aneuploidy due to the presence of a discernible shift in the ratio profile from 1: 1.’
- ‘The risk of having a live-born baby with Down syndrome is about 1 in 1250 for a woman at age 25, 1 in 1000 at 30, 1 in 400 at 35, and 1 in 100 at age 40.’
- ‘Following this dubious authority, the world's press unanimously regurgitated the false information that although there had been some previous instances of this malformation, none of them had been live-born.’
- ‘But if you put the autopsy results together with the circumstances, my conclusion is that these are live-born babies and the mother has killed them.’
- ‘Table 4 compares the number of parental/nonparental chromosomes observed in live-born offspring with the number of each type found in the maternal pronucleus in the present experiment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.