One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Born alive, not stillborn.
- ‘Table 4 compares the number of parental/nonparental chromosomes observed in live-born offspring with the number of each type found in the maternal pronucleus in the present experiment.’
- ‘Following this dubious authority, the world's press unanimously regurgitated the false information that although there had been some previous instances of this malformation, none of them had been live-born.’
- ‘The study team says such live-born offspring are armed with teeth similar to those of the egg hatchlings.’
- ‘But if you put the autopsy results together with the circumstances, my conclusion is that these are live-born babies and the mother has killed them.’
- ‘This population-based, case-control study was nested in cohorts defined by all live-born girls in Sweden from 1973 to 1984.’
- ‘But Mr Blackford may be right when he tells us not to worry about the production of live-born humans by cloning procedures.’
- ‘And the text of the United States Constitution makes it perfectly clear that the American republic does not regard intrauterine life as the equivalent of live-born persons.’
- ‘Backus et al. reported no differences in number of live-born piglets among sows housed in stalls, free-access stalls, ESF group systems, or trickle-feeding group systems.’
- ‘During the study period 1,283 of 181,974 live-born infants were diagnosed, for a prevalence rate of CHD of 7/1000.’
- ‘A total of 856 CGH analyses were performed on various placental and fetal tissues derived from 368 specimens of spontaneous abortions and on placentas from 219 pregnancies with live-born infants.’
- ‘The risk of having a live-born baby with Down syndrome is about 1 in 1250 for a woman at age 25, 1 in 1000 at 30, 1 in 400 at 35, and 1 in 100 at age 40.’
- ‘The CGH screening of 219 placental tissues from a population of live-born infants yielded 25 specimens that were suspected of having mosaic aneuploidy due to the presence of a discernible shift in the ratio profile from 1: 1.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.