One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- former term for Ukrainian
- ‘Not everybody is put off by their outrageous prices, but when the puppies grow up they turn out to be not of pedigree blood, but ordinary Little-Russian mongrels.’
- ‘Similarly, Russian and Ukrainian novosely distinguished themselves vis-a-vis one another as ‘Great Russians’ versus ‘Little Russians’ or as ‘Muscovites’ versus ‘Khokhly.’’
- ‘Neither can be regarded as ‘‘Little Russian’ thinkers’.’
- ‘‘Ukrainian’ was considered a fake nationality under the Czars, when they were referred to as ‘Little Russians’ (as opposed to the ‘Great Russians’ of Muscovy).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.