One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small compact lettuce of a variety of the cos type.
- ‘You could throw the little beans in a salad too, perhaps one with Little Gem and a lemony dressing.’
- ‘The winners for flavor, performance, and appearance were 'Cimarron' (not pictured), 'Little Gem', 'Outredgeous', and 'Tango'.’
- ‘This is a large tree, and not as well-suited for smaller urban gardens as newer, smaller hybrids such as Little Gem.’
- ‘Varieties such as Little Gem are available for smaller gardens and as accents.’
- ‘There were loads of lettuces, in the greenhouse and planted into sinks outside- Little Gem, Rocket, Saladini, and Frisby, amongst others.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.