One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small compact lettuce of a variety of the cos type.
- ‘This is a large tree, and not as well-suited for smaller urban gardens as newer, smaller hybrids such as Little Gem.’
- ‘There were loads of lettuces, in the greenhouse and planted into sinks outside- Little Gem, Rocket, Saladini, and Frisby, amongst others.’
- ‘You could throw the little beans in a salad too, perhaps one with Little Gem and a lemony dressing.’
- ‘Varieties such as Little Gem are available for smaller gardens and as accents.’
- ‘The winners for flavor, performance, and appearance were 'Cimarron' (not pictured), 'Little Gem', 'Outredgeous', and 'Tango'.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.