One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A receptacle in a public place in which people can deposit small items of rubbish.‘plenty of litter bins are provided’
- ‘At least one litter bin was full to overflowing: perhaps more frequent emptying is necessary.’
- ‘The Association also asked that litter bins be placed at the entrance to each cul-de-sac.’
- ‘Following many complaints, the town's streets and litter bins are receiving more attention in the past week.’
- ‘They also called for speed cameras, more litter bins and an improved library service.’
- ‘He got out as quickly as he could, and threw the prescription into the litter bin on the way to the off-licence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.