One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process of taking legal action.‘the company wishes to avoid litigation’
legal proceeding, legal proceedings, legal action, lawsuit, legal dispute, legal case, case, legal contest, action, cause, judicial proceeding, judicial proceedings, suit, suit at law, legal process, prosecution, bringing of charges, indictment, trialView synonyms
- ‘This was all the more important as the case was not one of civil litigation but criminal litigation.’
- ‘This was a major turning-point in the history of English personal injury litigation.’
- ‘The uncertainty was adversely affecting the disposal of personal injury litigation.’
- ‘Recent case law on malpractice litigation and informed consent has been incorporated.’
- ‘You may be aware that litigation in the High Court is a very costly business.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.