Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The process of taking legal action:‘the company wishes to avoid litigation’
legal action, lawsuit, legal dispute, legal case, case, legal contest, action, cause, suit, suit at law, legal process, prosecution, bringing of charges, indictment, trialView synonyms
- ‘Recent case law on malpractice litigation and informed consent has been incorporated.’
- ‘This was all the more important as the case was not one of civil litigation but criminal litigation.’
- ‘The uncertainty was adversely affecting the disposal of personal injury litigation.’
- ‘You may be aware that litigation in the High Court is a very costly business.’
- ‘This was a major turning-point in the history of English personal injury litigation.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.