Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The process of taking legal action.‘the company wishes to avoid litigation’
legal action, lawsuit, legal dispute, legal case, case, legal contest, action, cause, suit, suit at law, legal process, prosecution, bringing of charges, indictment, trialView synonyms
- ‘This was a major turning-point in the history of English personal injury litigation.’
- ‘This was all the more important as the case was not one of civil litigation but criminal litigation.’
- ‘The uncertainty was adversely affecting the disposal of personal injury litigation.’
- ‘You may be aware that litigation in the High Court is a very costly business.’
- ‘Recent case law on malpractice litigation and informed consent has been incorporated.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.