One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The study of the general physical characteristics of rocks.Compare with petrology
- 1.1 The general physical characteristics of a rock or the rocks in a particular area.‘the lithology of South Wales’
- ‘The volume, distribution and lithology of this volcanism, however, shows considerable differences between the two areas.’
- ‘Several factors have been suggested to influence the displacement/length ratios of faults, including fault geometry, lithology, fault interaction, and the spatial and temporal distribution of strain.’
- ‘Layers 2 and 3 are commonly subdivided in terms of the details of lithology and physical properties.’
- ‘Johnson, in 1953, studied its lithology and stratigraphy, and in 1958, its paleontological features.’
- ‘The host lithology consists of bioclastic silt and siliciclastic sand, characteristic of deposition in a biostrome flank setting.’
- 1.1 The general physical characteristics of a rock or the rocks in a particular area.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.