One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In stratigraphic intervals with mixed lithologies it is necessary to separate the data into consistent lithological units, which can then be compared against an appropriate compaction trend.’
- ‘This is based on lithological variations in lacustrine rocks from eastern China, but there is a large degree of uncertainty with this hypothesis.’
- ‘We infer that this fluting represents a lithological unit, perhaps a lava flow, within the flanks of the edifice.’
- ‘This unit, which has previously been described as a sedimentary package, presumably because intense weathering has obscured the primary lithological fabric in key outcrops, is considered to mark the volcanic waning phase.’
- ‘Two informal lithological units have been distinguished: a lower Terrigenous member and an upper Oolite member.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.