One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The children nap and watch television while the parents sit listlessly by the filthy pool and demand more ice for their drinks from harried servants.’
- ‘The youths hanging round the fountain, or drifting listlessly from chip shop to pub to street corner, have no sense of ownership of the history that made their town.’
- ‘Instead, the children sit listlessly in the shade of the only tree in the yard, shuffling their feet, drawing lines in the sand, and dozing.’
- ‘Now she sits listlessly all day long, keeping to herself.’
- ‘If our sense of future is weak, we live listlessly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.