One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electronic device used for secretly listening to or recording someone's conversations.‘listening devices had been found in his private office’
- ‘In December 1997, police installed covert listening devices in premises occupied by the appellant.’
- ‘Instead of picking up the boardroom conversation, a listening device detects only the noise.’
- ‘Currently, it is an offence to intentionally intercept any private communication by means of a listening device.’
- ‘In movies, surveillance subjects often stroll in the park to escape listening devices.’
- ‘Police say paparazzi planted a listening device outside her home in Sydney.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.